View Single Post
Old 02-20-2022, 08:15 AM   #535
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do to your truck today??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just call me Sean View Post
Nice. I like the stepside bed better on the regular cab shortbed trucks.
I think it was a bad idea ever offering the Sportside with the extended cab. Totally Dorksville. There is one parked at these condos I've been going to lately. Since the Sportside only came in shortbed, I wanted to say long ago I had a picture of the only one I ever say someone build. I think it looked super cool. That would be a shoulda woulda style custom I'd like to build off a K2500/K3500 SRW. It's on my list
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just call me Sean View Post
Here's where I'm at right now. Picked up a pitman arm puller from Harbor Freight. Removed the pitman arm, idler arm and idler arm holder and exchanged them for new ones. When I removed the cotter pins from the idler and pitman arms the nuts came off by hand and the center link fell right off. When I removed the nut holding the pitman arm to the steering box the arm fell right off. I knew the pitman arm shaft was worn and the center link, I have a used steering box and center link. I'm taking a break, then I'll get back to it. Removing the steering box next.
I think I'll borrow your idea... one day. I'm about to order a pair of tires for the Suburban. I'd like to see them last a while. They sure ain't cheap! What's funny is the this set of tires never wore uneven and I wasn't so good about rotating after a while

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote