View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 02:05 PM   #22
jkade

Re: !!!!5.3 Vortec Swap Started!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick454 View Post
Yes.... Actually the Homeowners Association for which i live in (I'm renting by the way). Has pitched a fit that my truck is an inoperable vehicle. Even thought there rules state the vehicle has to be tagged and insured, which it is. Co(K suckers!!!! anyway had to move it into the garage. So, Now i make sure I get up really early on Saturday nd Sunday mornings to get out and grind and hammer and weld and make as much noise as i can, so that everyone on my block knows that it won't be inoperative for long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for what has been done.

1.) motor mounts are solid and complete.
2.) Trans mount is solid and complete.
3.) frame has been notched out and painted in the area that were cut to make room for the stock exhaust manifolds and A/C compressor.
4.) researching parts for trans cooler, p/s hoses, fuel pump and possibly new tank, Electric Fans. Any help with part numbers and manufaturs in these areas would be appreciated.

I would like to keep the blazer tank that i have relocated to the rear frame if possible. just need to figure out the fuel delivery / return / pick-up. HELP !!

I'm not looking for pretty here, just effective and reliable.

Thanks,
Sick454
You can get a good trans cooler from the local parts store. If I remeber right I took a hose from a new model truck and cut the compression sleeve off and had the parts store put the fitting on a hose for the old steering box. Get a radiator and a set of fans from a 98-01 fbody if you want to go cheap. Get a walbro 255 inline pump and a 97 up corvette filter/regulator and you can use your blazer tank. The corvette filter/regulator is easy to make work.
jkade is offline   Reply With Quote