View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #79
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

schzammmm

Alittle bit of Friday afternoon bling bling arrived in the mail!!!!!

I have to tell ya I was somewhat leary having a set of custom headers mad all the way on the other side of the country but, I have to tell you I couldn't be happier with the way they turned out! Kudos to to Stainless Headers Inc.
When I sent the mock up kit out to them they told me it would be about 4 weeks before they could get started because they where busy making headers for the racing season. But they did tell me once a fabricator was assigned to my job he would be in touch just in case he had any questions. Sure enough after 4 weeks went by I got a call from a guy named Kevin. He said he had 2 or 3 questions regarding my headers but everything seemed pretty straight forward and would have them done in a bout a week. sure enough 2 weeks later I had them sitting in my garage!
I shot a couple of close up so you can see the quality of the welds.

Here's a shot showing how they blended the inside of the pipes to the flanges. No chinsy ass tack welds like Clifford headers!

they also made up the bottom bends for me. I had them burn in a bung for an O2 sensor if I ever decide to go TBI

Also got a little more bling in the mail from Tom Lowe over at Autowerks
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote