View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 12:11 PM   #90
moregrip

Re: Sparky's 1978 Silverado Build "Addiction"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dads79GMC View Post
Woodyboat, great points and thanks for commenting - this is a great site. Also, there is really no way the full rocker assembly would have moved if I hadn't left so much undone, especially the floor. Had the floor been in, the rocker assembly would have just buckled or something like that.

Most everything I've learned I've learned on here and trial and error. JaysonB is now working on my Dad's 79 GMC and he's replacing much of what I did 11 years ago. Yesterday I found the original cab corner that I lopped-off of that truck back in December 2006. After looking at it, I noticed that all that needed replaced was the outer cab corner, not the inner, that was solid as could be, however, I just unknowingly cut it all off. Duh!!! So, that's is just one example of "by doing you learn."

Thanks Mike
Hey Mike, so was the rocker sitting to far outward such that you couldn't get an acceptable panel to panel plain? or was the lower weld seam (or whatever its called/pinch weld maybe) kicked out at and angle such that it did not maintain the correct body panel arc?

thanks man! any way you slice it, the perfectionist in you is starting to show! and I like it!

1983 Chevy C10 250/3spd (current project truck)
1976 Chevy C10 350/350 Heavy Half (future project truck)
moregrip is offline   Reply With Quote