View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 10:36 AM   #66
scoot_mcgrute

Re: 1966 C10 Project Truck

I didn't get a whole lot done on the pickup over the weekend. I did go to the swap meet on Friday and ended up with a pretty nice bounty though. I picked up a front sway bar, new bellhousing for the T5, all the mounting brackets for the 292 and an instrument cluster that has gauges instead of the lights. I'll be tinkering with the cluster and cleaning it up before I put it in the truck.

Saturday, I took the Jeep out to Cars and Coffee on my way to my buddy's house to work on his FJ40. I was able to park the Jeep next to another buddy's Coyote powered F100

The task for the FJ40 was to get the 350 in it before the end of the day. That was my goal anyway, my buddy was more concerned with drinking and smoking with the neighbors. Oh well, I cut all the brackets, drilled all the holes and got most of the welding done so it was successful!

No cherry picker!

Yesterday, I started getting the 292 sealed up and put back together and drilled some holes in my firewall. I'm hoping this week to have the motor all sealed and painted