View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 09:07 AM   #1
CHEVYRULS

Smile 67-72 Short Bed Conversion

i am in the process of cutting a long bed frame down to a short bed. WhY well the 67 frame with coil overs which has been sitting in this guys lot for 20yrs (With NO BODY) i bought it to make a Short bed truck. i have a cab from a 72 and i purchased a short bed from LMC.

what i want to know is the measurements from the front of the frame to the rear so i can be sure to weld this sucker to the correct length when i put the cab on.

I have the diagram which has various measurements mixed together, which is some what confusing.

what about a measurement from the radiator mount to the rear bed mount or to the center support brace?

Remember I don't have the original BODY parts that was originally on the frame. So Don't bash me about leaving it a long bed.

I did follow the step Cut video that STACY DAVID , season 7 episode 3. I watched it a number of times. Double checking my measurements. At this point The frame has been cut .

Once I figure out how to display pics I will show where I’m at

V/R
James

Last edited by CHEVYRULS; 09-20-2019 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Additional information
CHEVYRULS is offline   Reply With Quote