View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 12:42 AM   #18
cornerstone

Re: 17 y/o needing advice from the truck legends

I was the spittin image of you when I was 17, but probably had the advantage over you with my older brother and a few friends all into the same things. It sounds to me like you don't have this benefit, but I may be wrong. I always looked at it like this. If the next car or truck I had to have was more desireable, (not just to me), and I was able to sell what I already had for a profit, I'd do it. In other words, look at it like its a business. I bet I fixed/ drove/ flipped over 25 cars before I was 25 years old and I only lost money on 1 of them.

I suggest you keep going back and learning more details abouy the 68, take pics of the truck and spid, and report back. These guys will tell you straight up what to look out for. Plus, if you warm up to the seller and share with him what you have told us, I'd almost guarantee he will want you to have the truck and help you be able to afford it. I'm certainly not suggesting you "low ball" (I hate that term) him, just telling you to show your appreciation for what he likes, and value what he values. I still think there are some men out there who want to give a kid a break, especially if said kid is respectfull and willing to work hard.

One other thing, am I the only one here who has'nt heard the term "soft body"? Not sure if I like it,,, It makes me think of the late 80's nissan mini truck they called the hardbody, but the opposite meaning. Not cool. Old Chevrolet steel is NOT soft.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote