View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 12:35 AM   #12
americanmusc1e

Re: Project "Old Skool" V.3

Got some more things done over thanksgiving weekend.

The original truck harness. It was cut by the wrecking yard.

The harness after removing all wires I don't need. Since I'm using a megasquirt MS2 I have removed even more wires than a normal LS swap with the GM PCM. The MS2 has no provision for MAF, knock sensors, or oil level sensor for example

Finally got the Driveshaft hooked up to the trans and the transmission crossmember bolted down.

Started working on a hydrualic clutch slave mount since I'm not using a hydro bellhousing. I have two aluminum non-hydro bellhousings. The plasma wasn't working so I had to do it all with a torch and a grinder

Semi finished product. Probably going to have to do a version 2 because now my DS header wont' clear it at all.

My 12-bolt didn't have any brakes. they went with the other 12-bolt that I sold with my 4x4 driveline. So i grabbed the 12-bolt out of the 84 K10 parts truck. The axle was shot, but it had a mostly complete set of 11x2.75" big drums. I pulled the axles off and took the backing plates off with all hardware and swapped them out. The 84 12-bolt was so screwed up that the spider gear pin wouldn't come out of the diff. I had to end up torching the pin out. One side looked like it had gear oil leaking in it for ages. Took 5 cans of brakeclean to get it looking good enough to use. I added new wheel cylinders and shoes but I didn't snap a picture.

We were going to run the brake lines but we decided it would be easier to do with the master cylinder in place and the cab back on. It's sitting crooked in this picture because I found out that the 3/4 ton cab mounts won't work with a 1/2 ton frame

Here is why. Here are the rear cab mounts side by side. I put on the old ones for now and ordered a new set on Brother's cyber monday sale. I also picked up some sweet high-hump red carpet

Here it is with the correct height cab mounts

I haven't updated my price spreadsheet yet, but I think i spent $800 bucks this weekend at auto parts stores.

Instagram: @americanmusc1e

OLD SKOOL-- 1970 C10. 454/Th400/3.07 posi Build Thread
FARM TRUCK----1949 Chevrolet 3800 Power Wagon Hauler Build Thread

1999 4wd OBS Tahoe - daily.

DM me if you can't see photos i posted
americanmusc1e is offline   Reply With Quote