View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 08:21 AM   #229
FAKKY

Re: 57 Panel "FAKMLC" build

Quote:
Originally Posted by yossarian19 View Post
Why not just use a 2" driveshaft with heavier wall?
My '75 Wagoneer uses a 1" solid bar drive shaft in front. Can't remember how slip was achieved, but the point I'm trying to make, is that wall thickness can make up for any deficiencies of diameter.
It'll make packaging the tank that much easier, right?
Yeah - I thought the same originally - but both driveshops I spoke with (Dennys/PST) both recommended a 3".

I've been fighting this measurements and fitment that last night I;m almost giving up and going to go back to putting it the rear and just finding an alternative spot for the tire.

I even thought about a custom tank going on both sides of the frame sort of like 'U' right where the side fuel fill up is ........ both nothing really seems to be a great option ...... if I had known earlier - I wouldnt have gone with an offset 8.8 ...... the extra 2" really kills me ......

Only other option would be putting the tank on the other side ...... not sure what the issues from that would be - and running a filler pipe over the top of the driveshaft closer to the axle end. Still thinking on this one .... Guessing weight/balance will be an issue with driver/fuel on same side ?

I'll ask the driveshop specifically about the thicker DOM. Possible or not.

Last edited by FAKKY; 01-14-2019 at 08:31 AM.
FAKKY is offline   Reply With Quote