View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 05:52 AM   #22
streetstar

Re: How do you get motivated????

Whew -- motivation is a big prob. for me too.

I have a hard time with this one -- but if i set aside a couple of days to work - i try to make a list of everything i need to get done that day and just check them off as i go.

Having a realistic checklist puts me in the mood to bust ass. Also , i designate a point or time during my day when i can crack open my first beer. If i start too early -- the day just turns into a shambles (albeit a happy shambles)

I also leave my cellphone upstairs -- i guess you could just leave it in the top drawer of your toolbox on vibrate, but that can be distracting too, - if its that close, you'll check it occasionally.

I have an ancient 5 disc cd changer down in the lab (my garage) and the heavy metal, country (what is it with that combo?), occasional rap and even disco blare out of it all day.

2 days with that type of program and i can get more done than the previous 2 months of my usual routine.

Also, try to have everything you need before you start your "bust ass" day --- unless the parts store is next door, saddling up to run and fetch RTV, oil, gaskets, sandpaper or whatever can be a super big buzzkill -- and just leads to throwing the crap on top of your box and flicking the tv on too, --or any one of a number of other possible distractions

Nonsense! I'm in my prime

Last edited by streetstar; 04-03-2008 at 05:54 AM.
streetstar is offline   Reply With Quote