View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 11:11 PM   #109
bubba327
HOW long until spring??

Re: At Last- Power steering in a I-6

It is a driver again !!!!
I put in the HEI, bolted on the old Rochester B and Darn --it would not start with out starting fluid nor would it stay running . Tried a different monojet . would not idle- just off idle and rpm. Would not start when hot.Tried a rochester 2 jet - again lots of rpm, no idle. then the float stuck and I had a flood of gas down the intake. Had to quit for the night and dry things up. Borrowed a different rochester 2 jet and again no luck idling finally tried a monojet leftover from my 71 , just bolted it on after at least four years of sitting and it starts and runs- not real smooth but starts good hot and cold and it no flat spots in acceleration. I did find early on that the HEI likes around 10 degrees advance instead of 0-4 as with the points.
Name:  IMG_2516.jpg
Views: 1501
Size:  38.5 KB I did not want to put gas in the new tank until I am finished welding back in that area. We just strapped the gas can to a board bolted quickly to the frame.

Name:  IMG_2515.jpg
Views: 1980
Size:  35.8 KB Still LOTS of stuff to do but it sure felt great to drive it again after 11 months . I need to finish the gas tank filler neck before the bed can go back on. Then aligned and licensed and tags
whoops still need speedometer and gauges and seat belts and wiring ... on and on .........................................
bubba327 is offline   Reply With Quote