View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 01:01 PM   #49
shearjs

Re: Project: '72 Family Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
It's looking great! I think you're right that lowering it 1 more inch will be the sweet spot. On the radio hole, you could roll that lower portion in back where it is supposed to be and get a stock radio delete plate to mount over it. You could even weld the slits on the lower and fog some green over it and then it would look close to untouched. You might be able to do it without welding it too and have it look way better than it does now. Other than that. you will probably be cutting and welding a different center in it.
You may be on to something with the radio delete plate. I could just use a bluetooth speaker to get me through the summer, then weld in a new dash center section this winter and repaint the whole dash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04ls1gto View Post
What rear springs do you have? CPP makes a 4.5" hd rear springs specific for the suburban
I'm not exactly sure what springs are in the back. They were installed when I bought the Suburban. They have a number printed on them, but a quick search didn't yield any results. I talked to ECE and they recommended a 5" drop spring for 6" actual drop. I was thinking a block might be the way to go though to get the rear end down and keep some travel in the suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett68C10 View Post
Truck is looking good Jason, your copilot looks right at home there in the drivers seat
Thanks buddy. They had the back seats loaded up with dolls and toys this weekend. I think they're almost as excited to go for a ride as I am!
shearjs is offline   Reply With Quote