View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 07:02 AM   #66
special-K
Special Order

Re: Destroyed Dashes for Radio's- Breaker One/Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stovebolts View Post
My oh my....You know the saying " You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink" - Where in anyone's wildest dreams did they think I'm complaining??? - tisk, tisk, tisk....I'm only proving my statement in my initial post of " .Contrary to medical beliefs there are some humans born with no brains"......Does anyone here think that this is an example of a quality installation??? - this idiot went the extra mile in piggy backing the CB over the radio...Have a good day guys....
Heck, I know what I'd do with all that mess. Why, I'd go ahead and cut it some more and put me one a them little Tee Vees in there.

The previous owner or owners actually both had to have a brain in order to figure out a place to put a stereo and CB. Certainly they wouldn't have been able to use the tool to cut the hole if they had no brain. I think the problem here is their brain doesn't work the same as your brain. Their decisions weren't the same as what yours would have been. And that right there defines 'people'. The way my brain works, I might have not even bought the truck over that dash hack job. But weighing out my desire for a C/30 dump against what that repair would take, my brain tells me I can handle that repair to make it right.

What we have here is a new member who has not had the time to take in his surroundings starting a thread coming on strong, and the more familiar established regulars not knowing how to take this new attitude. A whole lot of jumping to wrong conclusions here as well as judgement of the unknown going on is what I am seeing. It might be a good idea to take a step back and size up session here. we are actually a very friendly warm bunch. Perhaps more so than you've seen before. I think we can all agree that is one muffed up dash. But we all know how repairable it is as well. Not the first we've seen for certain. What I was reacting on were the statements against the previous owner's person we know nothing about. They could be one of the best kind that walk this earth. One who would never say a bad word against another man.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~