View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 01:19 PM   #1
BigDooley77

1977 GMC CCDW build

When I was 5 or 6 my dads friend had what I always thought was the greatest truck ever it was huge! Big! and tough looking sounded mean it was everything I thought a truck should be at the time an 80s all black GMC crew cab dually. Watching it in movies only made me want one more but I just never found one I wanted nor did I have the space. But in 2015 it found me I was working at a parts store talking to a customer about the truck I've always wanted when he says I have 2 of them I'll sell you one. We set up a time a friend and I went and looked at it was dusk when we rolled in the first truck in sight had a street light shining down on it was a 1976 Chevrolet Silverado Blue and white chrome horns on the roof it was beautiful it was straight but a bit rusty (which is fine). He comes out to greet us while we're looking this truck over. Finally he says the other one is down the hill so we head over my buddy in front of me I'm still oogling the Silverado behind me. Under a tree sits another crew cab dually its dark and the color isn't popping at all I get closer its a dark metallic gray and boy has this truck seen some action the fenders are covered in duct tape many trim pieces are missing but as I'm cresting the rear I notice the tailgate says GMC I yell at my buddy in excitement "dude this is a GMC!!" his response " I thought you noticed that". Now at this point you don't know me but GMC nameplate means a lot to me I know its not really special, but it is to me. So we get to talking about it he wants $1k for the gray 1977 GMC and $1200 for the 1976 Silverado I can only nudge him to $900. Let me tell you the truck is a heap its had a fire in the engine bay the rear tires are all in distress 2 completely blown out lol well I drove it home that night.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8361863

Last edited by BigDooley77; 10-12-2018 at 11:19 AM.
BigDooley77 is offline   Reply With Quote