View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 08:08 PM   #54
mike16

Re: Most Expensive 67-72 Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
...the only thing funnier than a New truck costing $100k (or more).....is the $1500 to $2000 per month depreciation on it.....on top of fuel costs, etc.
That said, those who can afford to buy the truck....can probably afford the depreciation.

Good to know that they are out there tho'.....time to find those targets!...lol

Coley
you bring up a good point, one that troubles me about how this hobby is percieved by others,

what do those sellers..... the ones asking 90-120 K for these trucks, what do they think of us, that they could sell these trucks, in the condition they are in, for that kind of money. what do they think of us, I wonder what they think motivates us. Personally, I am offended, as others should be.

Just because one person makes a killing at the expense of another person, it does not raise the value of all other trucks.

the one thing some people whine about the most, is the way we critique the vehicles. Me, I find that to evaluate a vehicle and identify its flaws is a valid way to improve my own truck.

the truck is not being formally judged, against a set of standards uniformally applied to all trucks. If it were then any disputed issues could be compared to the standard.

But its not

the only uniform standard universally applied to these trucks are thier high price, the lack of focus on the details,and the occasional shill who tries to argue that we are all wrong, that the details/standards are all wrong and that the vendor selling the vehicle is right.

Another interesting similarities are the claims made that are meaningless, the redundant number of photographs and the unyealding terms of sale.

I for one learn from the mistakes of others and will hopefully ensure that my humble origonal truck wont have the same number and kind of mistakes that these others do, including a rediculously high price that puts the target on thier back.

does anybody monitor the price of these trucks to see how much they sell for and to who?
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote