View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 10:00 PM   #38
19673ontree
CAN'T FIX NOTHIN

Re: What did your truck cost & When did you buy it & Where?

#1 I paid $4000 buck's summer 06 for the truck and $1500 in new part's
let me add WHY , I live in southrust Virginia and have owned 25 1967 to 1972 chevy and GMC truck's ALL of them certified Virginia rust bucket's ! I have done the shorting long bed's have welded patched beat bondoed and even had one truck a 1971 that actually fell into two peice's the frame rust into behind the cab !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I SAID NEVER AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#2 I found my truck in Tenn where it had been since new and only had two registered owner's , I have the sales receipt from 8-25-67 from the dealer that sold it new I have all the manual's the warranty book with the protecto plate still attached , the truck is the most rust free 1967 chevy or GMC I have ever seen in my life the frame on this truck is cleaner than most 2000 model truck's right now here where I live because of the coal truck's , this truck has never been painted the color left on it is the factory original paint !
#3 I drove it for two month's after I bought it it had a rattle that was a lifter so I put new lifter's push rod's and rocker arms , it now run's like new I put 900 mile's on it before tearing it down to paint it which I am now knee deep in !
#4 how would I rate my truck on a scale of 1-10 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,12! because it is not all rusted like the truck's I have worked on for the last 20 year's
I can make it pretty but have learned that try as you might you can not polish a turd !

ohhhhh yea option's !!!!!!!!! my 1967 C10 short bed has ONE BIG OPTION !
the driver's accesory sun visor !
Attached Images

19673ontree is offline   Reply With Quote