View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #262
rhodog77

Re: '50 5 window.....s10 swap

Vintage,

I got mine at tractor supply. I cant remember what the part number was. They were 3 inch lights. You will only need one bulb to accomplish park,stop and turn lights. You just have to make sure that you buy lights that say "park and turn" They will also say "double function" The funcitonality of the lights is determined by how they are wired. Basically when you look at the bulb you will see 2 fillaments inside. If wired correctly, one fillament will light up when you hit the parking lights, both light up when you activate you brake switch. The turn signal switch basically interupts the flow thru the flasher relay. One tip, my lights had one red and one black wire coming out of the socket. I assumed that the black was a ground and the red was hot. I was WRONG!! The black wired into the parking light side of the headlight switch and the red tied into the turn signals and the brake switch. You will not need a ground on a double function light. The light itself grounds out to the body. Thats why its a good idea to run a ground from the frame up to the bed. Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you need help. I can try to walk you thru it once you have your lights. good luck.

1970 P10 Stepvan

Last edited by rhodog77; 10-19-2011 at 06:02 PM.
rhodog77 is offline   Reply With Quote