View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 06:16 PM   #11
SmirchIs#1

Re: 71 C-10 12 bolt rear end rebuild parts questions

I agree with Ironangel & I can tell from his response that he does rears.I bought a Yukon unit when they came out, to gut it and compare internals & dimensions to an OE Eaton.Internals would be interchangeable.The Yukon is a reverse engineered COPY of the Quality Eaton.However the Yukon posi case is full of stress risers and lacks a whole 1/8" of material where the bearing hub radiuses into the main case.I have never bought another and still have that POS.I have a dozen of orig.12 bolt Eaton truck series III posi units.In severe use applications,these units would hair line crack in the lower left corner of both windows(ok for normal use).Thanks to TOM from Tom's differentials in Idaho,who unfortunately is no longer with us,The new Eaton truck posi units have a much beefier case to rectify that problem.I have some very nice used OEM gear sets.Tom's wife and family are still operating & as of my last order,I'm still getting all Timken bearings.Tom was the biggest buyer & supplier of Eaton posi units in the world. Eaton respected his opinion.If you want more info feel free to call Dennis 518-528-2646

Last edited by SmirchIs#1; 02-09-2020 at 08:43 PM.
SmirchIs#1 is offline   Reply With Quote