Thread: Greg's 50 Build
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 06:15 PM   #132
Root2812

Re: Greg's 50 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47 Fasttoys View Post
For the front suspension, I assume you are planning on running a SBC, if so you should have V-6 Mustang springs. I have done 3 Fatman kits and yes it's going to settle alot. As a matter of fact I put their kit on my '46 2 years ago with the standard spindles after about 2 weeks on the road it settled an additional 1 inch. Don't mess with springs until the truck is all together with all fluids and the suspension has been worked a bit under load.
Work looks good.
Good luck,
Rob
Well I am not running a traditional SBC but I am running a 5.3 LS so it should be about the same weight. I did get the v6 springs. I was concerned at how the springs bowed out but even after having set for over a month with nothing on the frame it looks like they settles a little bit. I figured they would settle some and I like that. I will have some rake so if the front settles too much I'll just lower the rear a little to match. I'm going to put the frame on stands at the rake I want when I install the motor and tranny mounts so if things settle all I'll need to do is make lowering blocks for the rear to bring it all back.

Thanks for posting. Its nice to know that I am not the only one who had the Fatman kit that looked too high.