Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #131
75Dually

Re: 75 Dually build

I worked on the dash this weekend. Yeah I know my trial balloon with the old gauges above was a dog, but hey you gotta try...

So after taking all the components out of each dash unit I found that there was a ton of similarities in the speedo. In fact the bolt patterns were the same to mount it to the rear plate! So that got me to thinking, what if I could use all the old gauges out of the 91 burb? So I tore it completely apart and then tore the 61 dash down as well. So I spent some quality time at home depot finding some of the small parts I needed, then I got back to the shop and made the dash unit below. The speedo is bolted in to the original location. The only thing I had to do to it was trim the bottom to fit the housing. All the other gauges are mounted from the back using JB weld and some small standoffs so the back lighting would come through. Right now I have to find some plexi glass to finish up the front, and I still have to finish up the wiring and install the lights for the turn signals.

Now to get that dash welded in...
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote