Thread: $hort Change
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 12:45 AM   #8
Westcoastpainter

$hort Change

alright, so i welded up the back notches, then cut the frame pieces out. buddy dropped off his 220 (250v) plasma for me so i used that. sweet timing for me cause a cut off sucked for the first bit. also i cut the low rise tranny hump outta my cab while i had the plasma. have to put in a high rise (4x4) tranny hup cause the truck is dropmembered. heres hoping the 6l80 clears that! That trans is a giant. i then boxed the notches with some 3/16 supplied by PB. nice kit to weld, big true steel. then i made a couple boxing plates for the front, then started making templates for the back end. got 3/16 plate and welded it in front and back in spots. trying to get it to paint I made a deadline and hunted it down. i took a few days of my holidays and brought the frame to a buddys shop and bodyworkd it and primed it. then i single staged it with endura black. haven't sprayed that stuff for 7 years but it dried wet (shiny) so i m happy with it. then also i sprayed two cycles of PB suspension. while i was at his shop i tried to paint as much as i could. trying to post pics and once again not working for me. ill get some up soon.

so I brought the frame home and put it on my frame table. Now in final assembly. i painted the parts with a single stage green, basf, just a chip i liked off the wall really. epoxy the bare metal parts and then sprayed the green.

anyways its startin to look like something
Westcoastpainter is offline   Reply With Quote