View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #117
Matt R

Re: 1990 Chevrolet Sport forever project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt R View Post
I didnt show this one, I got a bear tracker bump steer kit. It only allowed about 1 inch of end link correction. I needed a good bit more than that to get the tie rod end level at ride height. I cut the bear piece in half and welded a sleve to it to extend the end link.

This is the major problem. Its my solution to bump steer, its just too long. The leverage on it is just too much at that length.

I've weighed what to do about it and all the options. Looks like a raised pitman arm will gain me an inch or more. I may raise the steering box up a bit too. It's going to take several different things to gain the correct angle of the tie rod end to correct bump steer. I was looking at a rack and pinion pretty hard but it requires lower pressure and the hydroboost likes the higher pressure. Plus the rack and pinion is made for much lighter cars. I am getting a new gear box and pitman arm. We'll see how much that does then decide if I need to raise the whole steering box or not. I will still need some length on the tie rod end but I need to minimize that as much as possible.

Last edited by Matt R; 10-21-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Matt R is offline   Reply With Quote