View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #59
yossarian19

Re: Project: Over My Head

Been working on the truck in drips and drabs, mostly during lunch breaks.
Dropped the hubs / rotors off at the machine shop today to have the studs pressed in. BFH was slow going and didn't sound fun, so I put together the king pins and kept going.
[IMG][/IMG]
I'd thought the driver's king pin bore (in the axle) and spindle bores were shot, so imagine my surprise when I put it together and it was like new - zero play! All that fretting for nothing. I should have known to put it together & see first. Anyway, once the kingpins were done I bolted on the caliper brackets & steering arm (from POL & CPP, respectively) & torqued to spec.
I also got the pedal (from Speedway), booster (Astro Van) & MC (Astro, too. 1.25" bore) together. The Astro Van master cylinder reservoir was too tall but the 1998 S10 master cylinder reservoir swapped right onto it. I now have just enough space to get the cap off & add fluid through a hose or some such. Serviceable, if only just.
[IMG][/IMG]

I haven't plumbed the hard lines yet. Not sure what I'm waiting on. Suppose I just need to buy some fittings & lines & get on it. I'll either finish out the brakes or move on to steering next.
yossarian19 is offline   Reply With Quote