View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #93
ls1nova71

Re: 67-72 Electric speedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSGAS View Post

So, what I'm asking is, could you check to see what voltage, amperage, resistance, and how many pulses per "mile" the signals are on your transmission's tailshaft output, then on the signal the computer sends to your speedo setup?
I honestly have no idea how you would go about making something to do this, this level of electronic stuff is way over my head. I believe the VSS puts out an AC current and the PCM changes it. I do know that it's a 4000ppm signal out of the PCM that runs the speedo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
I got my decals and templates yesterday.....looks good. Thanks Eric
Thanks for letting me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970 C10 MJW View Post
i did as well, now correct me if I am wrong, the numbers are just so I can paint the numbers on the back of my bezel, then the black face plate wants to get put inbetween the needle and plastic gauge mount, then cut out the trip, and odometer holes, then drill the hole for the trip reset, the two drawings, the one is a template for the cover for the speedo back what is the other one for? also how do i reset my odometer to read 000000.0? I have it tore down to just the speedo/odometer gauge, and the plastic face
Yes, the number one is a stencil that you use to paint the numbers on the INSIDE of the lens, just like the factory did. The "face" you will put directly onto the S-10 face, then you're correct, you cut out the odometer and trip holes with a sharp, preferably new, X-Acto knife blade, that's what I found works the best. One template is for the back cover, the other one is what mounts the S-10 speedo parts to your 67-72 back dash tin. You need to cut out the original speedo mounting area. I'm going to do another one, and take a bunch of pics so everyone can see exactly how it's done, but it might be a week or two before I can get around to it.
As for resetting the odometer, the right side of it just pops into the plastic piece, take it out, carefully remove the plastic part on te underside that holds all the numbers in line, and start rotating it until the are all to 0. It takes some playing with it to get it done, but you can do it. After you're done put the plastic piece back on and pop it back in.

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote