View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 05:43 AM   #677
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Another quick early morning job before showering and starting the days Zoom meetings etc.

Mixed fine kiln dried sand and cement in a crazy strong ratio and painted the wall to seal the pores for paint later, just to make the room lighter.

Also found while breaking down more of the wall, just how deep I had planted the tree that caused a lot of this, so unearthed more of it and fetched the chainsaw out, again early morning at -8.05 so neighbours could just shut up.

Cut.

Drilled a bunch of holes in It and filled them with pure Roundup, that should sort it.

Took two days leave along with Sally when it was so very hot, spent them not with her..... oooopps.

But Mickey had a lead on some storage units being emptied of the scrap left in there.

Galaxy, gloves, trailer, CHECK !

Got some industrial shelving to go in the carport.

These are not cheap.

About 45 litres of white paint, 5 litres of PVA glue, 2.5 litres of indoor satin varnish, some tools, including a new pick axe and various other bits.

Next day we went back to fetch a load of plastic decking flooring, and a new sheet of ply, a load of plastic storage boxes and various other free treasures.

Mickey had been in there days before me and found three Dewalt power skill saws, random hand tools, drills, and some chargers plus a load of scrap copper that he weighed in along with aluminium for about £70.00

Happy guy.

While out a few weeks ago in the Galaxy, I clocked a jumbo bag on a sidewalk where paving had been redone.

On one of our return trips from the storage units with Mickey, we detoured along the country lane it was on, and I stopped to see what was in it......

JACKPOT....!

I went to knock on the front door, but nobody answered, so we drove off.

Next day I was dressed a bit neater and went back to knock again and asked if I could remove some contents.

Yes, no problem, the bag is getting collected later today.

Lucky me.

So, I hear you ask, what was in this skip bag?

Remember that with moving the wall on that curve, I now needed more paving stones to cover the area, and add to that the fact that the curve has a load of cut bricks, and you have a significant deficit.

I had been looking for matching block paving, as I had originally selected a mixed colour, rather than red and grey as many people do.

The stones in this bag are also thicker than what I have on my drive, possibly a commercial grade.

So when I lift a large section of the paving to repair the sinking in caused by American cars and trucks reversing up and down the drive in from]not of the garage, the new heavy duty -avers will go in there, and the under ones go into the new, low traffic sections.

Adding up the value of the pavement find, again I came up to a conservative value of £50.00 found for free.

Would you pick up £50.00 off the pavement?/

Sure you would.

Amazingly, 100 exactly, dug from the bag and a load of 3/4 cut ones too, just in case I need them.

Pressure cleaned one of them to see how they clean up.

Happy.

Free cash means money in the kitty for other frivolous pursuits like a Toyota Deliboy.

https://forum.retro-rides.org/thread...toyota-deliboy

I like it a lot, despite 270 miles to go look.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote