View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 08:07 PM   #41
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

Summer's winding down. Haven't had as many weekends to wrench due to work issues, but that has allowed the parts procurement to keep moving. I've obtained another "dead" winch. Traded getting it removed from a Jeep for the other dead Ramsey winch I picked up earlier. It's a Warn XD9000i unit that's a little crusty and didn't work with a new control. It was a Jeep/Mopar accessory on a TJ Wrangler hence the giant MOPAR label on the front.

So after a little digging on Pirate I found a way to bypass the solenoids to check the motor directly. I hooked a pair of jumper cables to the ground stud and motor stud F1, took the winch ground as a jumper from the A terminal and F2. It moved like it should. Swapped the jumper to F1 and moved the positive to F2 and it reversed direction. Perfect. Motor's good. Just need to diag the control side now.

Here's a couple of the other parts picked up recently.

Just got done topping off fluids on the old beast in preparation of a weekend run coming up. Might be the final trip for the old dog, but we'll make it count for sure.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote