View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 10:59 AM   #9
Old65C10

Re: Bought a new to me 90 Sub, came with a few surprises.

Right now I want to get a set of stock steel wheels and I am not sure if I will go stock size, or go up 1 or 2 sizes. To start I may just go stock size, that way I can keep the stock wheels. I also need it to pull a 30ft travel trailer. If I go up in size, it will negate the 4:10 gears and make it work harder.
It does have front and rear A/C, but I am not sure if it has rear heat, I don't think so.
It does have the THM400. I know the 4 speed would net better mileage, but I do know that this trans is a rock solid trans that will take the abuse of trailer towing. I also work at home, so while it is my "daily driver" it may only leave the house once a week. The K30 I just sold saw 2000 miles in just under 2 years. I hope to put more on this.
As for the A/C, I am going to try one or two of those fix it cans for this year. If it works, great, if not I will have it fixed the right way next year. We don't have that much hot weather left to spend the money this year.

Today projects are new door striker pins, painting the headlight surrounds, lubing some squeaks, and ordering a new heater core.
Old65C10 is offline   Reply With Quote