View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 11:53 AM   #22
Old65C10

Re: Bought a new to me 90 Sub, came with a few surprises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
Get the winch first

And skid plates if you don't already have them. The Suburban TC is really vulnerable.

Looks like yours still has the factory auto locking front hubs. I would trash them and put on a set of Warn manual hubs. Actually, do that before the winch. My factory hubs failed to engage way up in the mountains when I was trying to back our camper trailer up a little hill into a spot, using low range. I pulled forward and backed up several times and finally got them to work long enough, but the next week I had the Warn hubs installed.
Mine has the full skid plates including the one for the T/C. New Hubs are on the list as well as a winch.
For now I want this to stay stock, but do things to add reliability and strength as opposed to putting lift and big tires on for show.
As of right now my budget is very low, so I may have to request some things for Birthday/Christmas.
I will get it there, but it may be slow. For now I am just getting out there and figuring out what I want to do with it to make it better.
I spent about 2 hours under the hood yesturday adding a second battery and replacing vacuum hoses that were old and way too soft.
Old65C10 is offline   Reply With Quote