View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 07:38 AM   #4
Sblazerblue96

Re: Lifted blazer suspension travel

What i did on blue she is a 96 s10 blazer lt 4door i keep blowing diffs and snapping axle shafts yet to blow a cv surprisingly but she had the 6.25 front 3.73 gear in a AAM and the rear 7.5 gov lock 10 bolt 3.73 in Salisbury i went to a 98+ zr2 rear diff which is direct bolt in and 3.98 inch wider than non zr2 aswell as being a 1/2 ton diff at 8.625 (8 5/8) aswell as the zr2 front which is a 7.25 direct bolt in but i then got interested on how easy all these upgrades were to install i figured i would try zr2 control arms nuckles and hubs.. well i went from single piston calipers to dual piston so master needed to be swapped as well but the control arms are roughly 1 1/2 inch longer so i needed to use zr2 cvs as there longer as well and i did the 3 and 2 inch sus level kit i ground a little off of the control arm stop so i have more drop to accommodate for the t bar keys/crank (gained about 2.5 2.75 more drop for a smooth ride i also put a 1 inch longer compressed shock on the front and i had test fit 33×12.50r15 tires that rubbed to much for my liking so i put 31s back on. A week later my 3 inch body lift pucks came i i installed them and put 33s on. Had to trip fronts and backs of fenders to stop rubbing on a total of 5 inches lift on 33s and lost a lot of bottom end touque so i regeard to 4.56 and made my speedometer correct. I then got longer rear shocks and moved the frame shock mount backwards 3 inches as well as up 2 inches for a 5 inch longer shock and i put a main leaf with the eyes cut off into the leaf pack as the second leaf and assembled the rest of the pack gave me 1 3/4 to 2 inch height for stock rake look giving me 13.25 inch clearance at my low point and i didn't get any stiffer but my pinion angle was 5 degrease to high so i put a 6° shim in and made it 1° low to accommodate for axle wrap under load. I took my 2wd s10 rims with the 5 inch offset instead of 7 offset that comes stock on all 4x4 s10 blazers so i have wider stance i am 84 inches outside tire to outside tire as a full size 1500 gm is 80 inches.. its a ridiculously awesome blazer off road but once i get into crawling up steep washed out road/trails with bedrock steps or big boulders i start snapping inner axle shafts in the front diff and blowing front drive shafts into pieces as well as shattering rear u joints.. this carnage only occurs when i break traction and i get a hop or two before a really loud series of bangs. Next time she breaks i want to seriously look into putting either a 2 door short box frame under my blazer. Or putting the rear and front diffs in my blazer 🤔 any one ever attempted or thought of this conversion.
Sblazerblue96 is offline   Reply With Quote