View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 12:11 PM   #11
e-rock

Re: cookie cutter 53

I was! If the thing had a radiator and any brakes at all, I would have driven it more, for sure. The wheels were locked up when I drug it out of the woods, so I had to beat the drums off and take the shoes out, just to get it off the trailer.

Little bit of progress. These cheapo IFS kits, the crossmember is really designed for use with factory style control arms, even tho I ordered it with tubular arms. I understand, it's kind of universal and that is probably part of the cheaper price. Nothing g a little fab work can't take care of. The ends of the crossmember are open, I'll probably cap it off. One thing I don't like is the height of the lower control arm hole is really high, which leaves lots of crossmember hanging down below your center line. More work than I care to tackle to improve that, so I'll just live with it. Also the crossmember is really to narrow for the frame rails, there is a good 8th to 3/16 gap on either side to fill. Boxing plates were to big, had to trim some off.

The good thing about metal is you can always take some off, and if you take to much off? Weld it back on!

Fitting, filling, notching, mocking. I'll get there, slowly.

1953 chevy
Build thread. http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=725442
e-rock is offline   Reply With Quote