View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 02:00 AM   #17
Jerry Jones
Happy Camper

Re: Move a gun safe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdowns View Post
i use my engine lift to move heavy stuff
That is what I did to move my tool chest... worked great, but I didn't put that in my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
.... and remove the guns etc from inside, for the same reason....

Sorry Jerry, I just couldn't help myself!

1100# is more weight than I would care to tackle, even with help. I like the idea of talking with professionals.
No guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Build View Post
I called Hook Line & Sinker in Oakley and they gave me the name & number to a guy that does that locally. I'll send you a PM with that info.
Good man, thank you, I got your PM. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC_65_91 View Post
same way you got it in but reversed

sorry someone had to say it, but good luck, gun closet in my house isnt really a "gun closet" my dad built it, its a normal closet built into the wall thats hidden and has a lock soo ill never have that problem unless we obtain a LOT more guns
I am not sure how it got to where it is, I was not there... it was delivered to El Jay's house, and now I need to get it to mine. I like the thought of a gun closet... but I like the fire rating of the safe too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79gmcc15 View Post
i just have to ask...... it does open, right? cause i know a thread that can help.
HaHaHa Ya it works perfectly.

OK the majority here said what I was hoping... I am going to look into hiring someone.

BTW, for anyone that has a safe... keep the key where no one will find it if they break into your home. This was El Jay's safe and the bad people broke into his house and found his key in the kitchen drawer and stole thousands of $$$ worth of firearms and goods.... Learn by my fallen cousins mistakes.

Last edited by Jerry Jones; 02-25-2011 at 02:02 AM.
Jerry Jones is offline   Reply With Quote