View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 07:59 PM   #5
FrankSando

Re: Fuel gage 73 chevy c10

Ok here it is in a nut shell. There was a blue and white wire coming from the gas tank dont ask me why it was done that way when I bought the truck to me it looks like phone wire it came from the tank up the firewall tied into a 12 volt wire under the hood I brought it to a
Garage to have them drop the tank to put the wire back on they called me and told me if they hooked that wire up they would have blown up my truck so what I did I took my cluster out and traced the pink wire to the fuses block and from the other side of the gage I traced the tan wire coming out of the firewall of the truck .i cut the tan wire and put a but connected on the tan wire then I took it to some other Garage and asked them to hook it to the sending unit they did it now the fuel gage goes why passed full so now I feel like it can only be the sending unit because from back of the gage to the fuses block and from the other side of the gage is the tan wire going to the sending unit so I may bug e wrong but it can only be the sending unit I have a new fuel gage coming Friday I'm going to put in if it still does it then only one thing it can be. Or am I missing something here
Thank-you
Again for anything you can throw my way
Frank Sando
FrankSando is offline   Reply With Quote