View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 05:44 PM   #1
grovmister

What about 441 heads???????

I am thinking of building a 383 stroker engine, I want to use the edelbrock performer series intake, cam & lifters, HEI with curve Kit, and a Qjet carb. I have been looking for a set of heads, and Car Shop Inc. has 2 different sets available.
1. A set of High Velocity Small block Chevy Heads (part
#HD601 for $329.00. Specs are as follows: casting ends with 416

High velocity design

58cc chambers

New Guides

New 1.94 / 1.5 valves

New high lift valve springs

New retainers and valve locks

New valve guide seals

3 angle performance valve job

resurfaced

pressure tested

These heads are completely rebuilt with all new parts. Chambers are machined in the intake valve area for improved flow with the oversize 1.94 intake valves.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Or a set of their HI-PO 350 Chevy Heads
HD01 $479.95. Specs are as follows:

Includes all new stainless steel valves, H.D. valve springs, moly retainers, valve locks, seals and guides. Heads are updated for unleaded fuel use with hardened exhaust seats.

All heads are thoroughly cleaned and magnafluxed. High performance 2.02 and 1.60 valves machined using our race proven multi-angle radiused valve job and bowl cut.

NO CORE CHARGE

All heads are perimeter valve cover mounting style with accessory mounting holes. These are the open chamber 74cc style heads.

Available Options:
Rocker Studs: Press inScrew in (+$80.00)

My local machine shop wants $160 per head to rebuild a set of heads, which doesn't include new intake valves.

What do you guys think I should do?

Also, what crank and rods would be a good choice?
grovmister is offline   Reply With Quote