View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #10
ATVYP

Re: Uncle Howard's 1946 Chevy Truck

I promised myself I would rest before beginning this next big weekend, but I'm way too high strung to stop long enough! I thought I'd fill in some gaps of my story. I grew up in a Chicago suberb (Algonquin) and moved to the Quad Cities after graduating high school to attend a diesel tech school in Bettendorf, IA. Looking back in hindsight, I see God's hand often protected mr from making really bad mistakes. When I graduated college a GREAT job at the Cummins distributor opened up, I married a great girl I went to church with, we bought a little house with a big garage, and I thought life was over. Well, God had different plans! In 99' we sold our house and all our stuff and moved to Nashville, TN to attend the Free Will Baptist Bible College for youth ministry. It took me 7 1/2 years to complete my Bachelors degree, but it was a great season of life. I worked for Cummins CrossPoint (previously Great Plains), attended school, was the part time Youth Pastor for the great church Good Springs FWB where we lived in the parsonage, and God blessed us with 3 kids (last two where buy-one-pay-twice-as-much-for-second twins). I loved my job at Cummins! I worked my way into having the opportunity to be one of the difficult-to-diagnose techs. I had the priveledge to be trained on all the new products, work on new trucks, and do lots of cool motor home work (many of them cost $300,000 - $1 Million - very professional clientele. Truck drivers are mad the second they break down, even if it's their fault). That job only came after replacing 100s of M11 service blocks! Then in 07 I gradraduated college, was ordained, and moved to MO to serve as the full time Youth Pastor of Fellowship Free Will Baptist Church. I've been very blessed to serve two of the greatest congregations out there! And this old truck has helped me keep my mechanical skills sharpened, when able to take time off.

I hope this added info didn't boar or offend anyone. As I read through the other forums I recognized some are strictly for business, but others are not. I really enjoyed getting to know the story behind the story. If I can help anyone with a Cummins related problem feel free to message me. I also keep my Facebook updated with all my new pics of progress on Uncle Howard's 46'. Feel free to friend me (Facebook, David Inman).
Posted via Mobile Device
ATVYP is offline   Reply With Quote