Thread: LT1 GenV swap
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 07:24 PM   #45
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Thumbs up Re: LT1 GenV swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddoky View Post
That's a good observation on your part, the brackets are the exact same ones used in the Holley LS FEAD drive set-up, which are adapted to the bolt pattern of the LT engine by means of the adapters in-between them both. This configuration was beneficial in keeping cost in check so that pricing will close to what the LS set-up is. The alternator position won't be preferable by everyone, especially those using a stock take-out ECU and wiring harness. For those going with an aftermarket EFI system like those from Holley, then the connections needed are just as easily made as if the alternator was mounted elsewhere. I know our beloved GM trucks are the focus of this forum, but there are many more applications Holley makes swap parts for that require configurations or designs that are not necessarily optimized for our trucks.
Of course, I'm a master tech for BMW and one thing I know is you can't please everyone.. but appreciate the support holley is offering though

Does the holley brackets fit a stock lt1 alternator?

This is basically what it is.. it woukd use the captors alternator and tensioner... gonna need to put the intake on it, but it should be 0 problems with that, and ad far as hood clearance, it's only raised maybe 1-2 inches... if the intake is higher than the alt, no problems

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress

Last edited by 87chevy.com; 10-03-2016 at 07:45 PM.
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote