Thread: 72 Lwb
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 08:32 PM   #19
Outlaw72
Hay Team!!

Re: 72 Lwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super73 View Post
The last one of the three gave me a little better angle / view.. If you can get the camera man up closer, not using the zoom as it make is more bouncy that would be great. That angle though is perfect..

What are you cutting for 60's?

Couple things I notice.

The front is coming up before the truck moves.. You want this as it's putting the weight on to the rear tires. But, you are right, it's not coming up real high. It seems like you either don't have enough stored energy do to the springs being too short, or you upward travel is maxed out. This could cause the front end to come back down and unload the rear tire.

Measure the height of the front fender lip at ride height. Then jack it up by the cross member and see how high it goes before taking the weight off the front tire.. Let us know what you come up with.

Also, do you still have the upper bump stop in place (tucks under the upper control arm). If so take it out.. Re-messure.

Disconnect the front shock. Re-messure.

The 2 large nuts on the upper control arm ends, back those off a touch and re-messure.

How close are you to the lower bump stop?
That day it was cutting 1.63 60ft. and that is a best to date. If you listen close, you can tell it was spinning slightly. N/A it will cut a 1.7X ..... I got a 1.69 out of it one night on the motor. I'm having a hard time deciding on a 4.10 or a 4.56 gear since I just blew the rear up. I really liked the way it performed with the 4.10 and fear the 4.56 is too much.

It still has the factory bump stops I will take them out although one of them is worn to a nub. It also has a 1 ton sway bar on the front and chisolm lowering shocks. Tubular uppers are also in the front.

I will get some measurements on the front end as you mentiond when I get the rear back in it and sitting back on the ground. When I broke the rear end....the 60 would have been close to a 1.55 because it stuck hard and then had an extremely bad wheelhop. The videos you see above was on a conservative tune and only about 750-800 psi bottle pressure. When I broke the rear....I left on 1050 psi.