View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 02:20 PM   #17
c10vortec

Re: 72 C10 winter budget build

We put the cab on a small tiltop to keep It mobile. I don't have enough garage space to house both inside at one time. for now the cab is sitting in our breezeway beside the shop. I do plan on removing the mess that the PO left as far as the A/C system goes.
Name:  IMG_0865.jpg
Views: 2340
Size:  75.2 KB
Other than the cleaning up the firewall, the only thing standing in my way for re-assembly will be deciding what to do about the floor pan. I think i may sell my old bed and put it toward the patch panel fund.

Name:  IMG_0867.jpg
Views: 2194
Size:  69.0 KB
I currently have the wheels re-installed. I just removed the wheel weights for now. we will find an alternate solution to fitting the steel rims around the spindle when it's ready to drive again. you can also see my stockpile of removed body panels. The bench seat is in ok condition with one big hole in the driver's side. I may recover the bottom before installing it back but we'll see what happens

It's hard to see but Dad and I stumbled across this seat during the swaybar search. It is a really nice looking 60-40 seat from a 2008 Ford Ranger. We didn't measure it, but I will be considering this in the future when browsing the seat options. I would also appreciate input on this seat If anyone knows anything about it. I have spent a good bit of time reading about the seat swaps others have done.
Name:  IMG_0620.jpg
Views: 2252
Size:  33.0 KB

And Lastly, to catch up the thread completely, We started removing the rear cab mounts to lay out the cut lines. They were the toughest rivets that we have found on the truck. After grinding the head off we had to heat the rivets cherry red with a suttelene torch and air hammer all of them out. A sledge and punch wouldn't touch them. I started removing the brake and gas lines in the other rail but haven't finished.
Name:  IMG_0871.jpg
Views: 2180
Size:  66.5 KB

My next update should be Friday night. I will be removing all of the lines from the frame rails and then drawing the cut lines on the frame.

-2004 Chevy 1500 swb daily driver
c10vortec is offline   Reply With Quote