View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 06:26 AM   #295
ShortbedClayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972CheyenneSuper View Post
Great looking truck! I'm going to go back and get caught up on it, but glad to see you back on it. I also am working on a way to use the factory a/c suitcase to cover up the vintage air stuff.

Forgive me if it's a sore topic, but what do you think caused the blue on the bed to be off from the cab? Different primers/no sealer? I'm just a little nervous because I panel painted, but I used the same sealer on everything and I was using two solid colors, I guess I'll find out this spring when I can get it in the sun. I have a pretty good chance I'll need to repaint my hood and just looking for any tips that I might be missing. Thanks, keep up the great work.
Posted via Mobile Device

The two big differences between painting the cab and bed was time of year, outside temperatures and I used a different reducer on the blue between the cab and bed. The cab was sprayed in April with about 50 degree outside temps. The bed was sprayed in august at about 85 degrees outside. Same air pressure and same gun used thru out the painting process. Idk a lot about paint and body work but those were the differences that i can think to cause the issue.
ShortbedClayton is offline   Reply With Quote