View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 12:17 AM   #12
shifty
Questionable

Re: 5.3L GenIII /TH400 swap

Verify you have power to your injectors, and that you actually have fuel pressure (i.e. your pump is engaged) You should hear the pump kick up for 1-2 secs when you turn the key to ACC position. The left and right injectors/cylinders have separate power going to each, so be aware you need to test both banks.

Also, on the Wait4Me harness, only three wires required for hookup for power: run the purple line to your stock purple wire coming off the bulkhead (IGN), orange wire goes to constant power (BATT fused w/10A) and red is ACC power w/15A fuse.

You will need to run a relay for the fuel pump, sorry if you know this already, but the Wait4Me harness has the fuel pump signal wire - run it into the relay, then add your power from batt, ground it, and then run the power out from the relay to the fuel pump.

There isn't much to do - make sure you've got all your grounds in place, this is a common problem - stock grounds go from cab to frame, bed to frame - you hsould have a ground from BATT to inner fender, from BATT to the engine block, and some suggest running from engine block to the frame as well. Bad ground accounts for 50% of the no-start problems I see at ls1tech (seriously), the rest is related to bad wiring and/or not putting power to the injectors properly.

PS - for wiring, I know you're going budget, but go to www.currentperformance.com and look for their Stand Alone wiring kit model# SA-1000

I bought it - has every fuse I need and all of the runs, power taps, etc. I'm going to rewire the truck with it

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 05-07-2007 at 12:18 AM.