Thread: GMC Pauls
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 07:31 AM   #12
GMCPaul

Re: GMC Pauls

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Bursell View Post
I know lots of people have good things to say about these guys but my experience was also less than positive. I don't find it acceptable to disavow responsibility when a supplier sends an inferior product that is not as you advertised.

On a thread related note, I don't buy the insurance excuse but lots of companies use it.
I lost over 25% of a years income on a slip and fall law suit so its not a excuse.
We also did not supply a inferior product to you. You purchased a 67-68 bench seat upholstery which was made by who we consider to be the best in truck seat upholstery Truck World. We later learned through your purchase the following from Truck World on the 67-68 Bench seat upholstery that we had not known previously.
""We don't make a folding specific seat cover, the seat cover can be used on either a fixed seat or folding seal, for seats that fold forward you can fold the flap underneath the cover so it will fold without any binding, it does not need to be attached to bottom frame. `The use of flat or hog rings to install cover make no difference in its installation.""
The comment about the hog rings versus flat was made by them as your upholstery installer stated that the seat upholstery was made for a later model seat since it used hog rings to install as he stated hog rings were not used on these seats.
The last we heard from you on this was

It's important that I thank you for following up on this for me. I really do appreciate all the work that you have put into answering my questions and responding to my concerns. I do wish I had this information when I went to my upholsterer with the cover the first time though.

Once we discovered the info on the 67-68 folding back seats we then added to our web site the following info
"""
2 Versions of bench seats were made in 1967-68, 1 with a fixed seat back & 1 with a folding seat back. This seat upholstery is for the more common fixed back bench seat. Our manufacturer states this can be used on a folding back bench seat but requires the side flap to be tucked in rather than fixed to the bottom frame.
"""
So we were as proactive after the fact as we could be in our contact with you and for future customers added the description to our web site. To my knowledge we are the only 1 that mentions this on the 67-68 bench seat backs even though I'm sure most all the big Truck Part Companies know this also already they don't bother to put it in the description.
I'm sorry if our service did not meet your expectations we try and the last we had heard from you we thought we had met your expectations on this so I'm very sorry that was not the case. as it was our intention to leave you satisfied.
In regards to our meeting customers elsewhere for them to pick up parts we've tried that but after experiencing several no shows, or folks running 1/2hour to over 4 1/2 behind schedule to meet us and most not bothering to call the cell # we provided them I got fed up with it and stopped the practice. The one that was 4 1/2 late was the final straw we agreed to meet him at I70 in Terre Haute a hours drive and after waiting 2 hours and him not answering our calls to his cell phone we went home. Then 2 1/2 hours later he calls from his cell phone and wants us to drive back to meet him. When he informed me he was busy when we called to find out where he was and so he didn't answer the phone and then didn't bother calling us back it was the straw that broke this camels back so we ended this parts pick up procedure after meeting with him the next day.
I wish you a Blessed Healthy, Happy & Safe Holiday Season!
Paul Sr @ GMCPauls

Last edited by GMCPaul; 01-13-2015 at 11:47 AM.
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote