Thread: GMC Pauls
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 03:21 PM   #15
GMCPaul

Re: GMC Pauls

We don't consider the 67-68 seat upholstery to be inferior as the consensus we have from previous customers and if you read posts here about them I've only seen positive reviews and comparing to the other manufacturers the material & use of double stitching is far better than the others available.
I'm sorry if you've taken from my comments that I nor my company didn't believe you or your installer of the upholstery it was not meant to convey that.

""
To that, I received no response. No thanks. No tips or info. No let me try to get more specifics from the manufacturer to help you. No offer of refund. No exchange. No follow up. Nothing. Just left hanging. That told me you were done with me.
""

When we never heard back from you we could only assume that what the manufacturer had stated about tucking the flap and using hog rings did work and we had assumed passing that information along to was passig along the manufacturers tip.
""
There are not two versions. The 67-68 is only folding. The 69-72 is only fixed. You have again been fed the wrong information from your manufacturer and choose to believe him which will undoubtedly cost you more credibility in the future. I imagine I am not your first customer for these, maybe just the only one to complain. But that info is wrong, plain and simple.
""
In regards to all 67-68 allowing the back to fold forward that's not correct as I every 67-68 I have is a fixed back seat and does not fold forward so I guess I'm to assume every seat was replaced with a later model 69-72 version. If you know of documentation that shows differently please provide it as I Never want to spread disinformation on a part or subject and my finding out differently on the 67-68 seat back thing being incorrect would mean I would be pulling this upholstery immediately from my web site but from what I know based on experience is they used both versions.
""
Quote:
Hi, Adam
The manufacturer replied with the following information.

Adams seat cover is not being remade because we don't make a folding specific seat cover, the seat cover can be used on either a fixed seat or folding seal, for seats that fold forward you can fold the flap underneath the cover so it will fold without any binding, it does not need to be attached to bottom frame. `The use of flat or hog rings to install cover make no difference in its installation.

He also stated that your upholstery installer is most likely just trying to upsell his own hand made version instead of installing this one as these covers have been installed on both folding and fixed seats for the 33 years he's been in business.

My Very Best
Sky @ GMCPauls

Can you honestly say this meets the level of customer service you intend to provide?

""

Sky is my employee not the manufacturers or our supplier's and was only forwarding the information given her to by them to let you know what had been conveyed to us. In my opinion she did correctly letting you know what they had to say based upon her knowledge of everything so yes I feel she acted correctly.
""
Paul, I appreciate you coming on here to try to defend your company. I think it shows a lot that you spend your time here and go out of your way for that. I'm also impressed that you found my emails- either because someone remembered me or you took the time to do that as well based on my user name (not hard to figure out). But I think it's plain as day that your company didn't take the time to investigate anything I said, took the word of your supplier over me, and abandoned me as a customer. Based on your reputation I don't think that's the norm, but it certainly was my experience.

In your email to me this morning you asked how I feel you can make this right. I'm not one to go jumping for money and discounts even though I not only paid for the cover and installation, but paid extra for modifications to make it work. I think anything you offered me would just take money out of your pocket when really the majority of the problem was with your supplier- and so it still wouldn't solve anything. I'm really big on relationships and this one stung me good. I suppose if you really want me to give you an answer, then having your supplier reimburse the extra I paid to have the cover modified would make me whole.

Thanks again- looking forward to hearing from you.

Adam
""
I'm sorry you felt we had abandoned you but since we never heard anything further Sky assumed that this was addressed appropriately and that tucking of the flaps & use of the hog rings had not presented you with a problem because we never heard anything further so could only assume that the solutions suggested worked and you were happy until this post came up. During this contact with you Sky and I discussed this as it was a 1st time occurrence for us and I was involved at the time trying to get a answer back from our supplier on this problem,
It was discussed with our supplier at the time if anything could be done to help and that was shot down then by them but my offer still remains open if you choose to accept it.
Again please accept my apologies for this as I am the party that sold you this product not my supplier / manufacturer and I'm responsible for what we sell 100% not them.
You have my email if you would like to discuss this outside the forum or require further help with this or anything else. You have my sincerest apology for falling short in your eyes from the service that you expected from us.
Paul Sr @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote