View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 09:27 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Cobb County, GA Purchasing Dept.

Just thought I'd warn anyone who may find a listing for a vehicle being sold by them. They sell off their surplus through Ebay. In December I bought a '95 K2500 Suburban w/120k on it. Yes, sight unseen is always a risk. but I felt safe with the miles, the claim "Runs Good", fleet maintained, and the money wasn't going into the person I dealt with's pocket. They bought it with taxpayer's money, got their 20 years use out of it, so whatever they got from the sale is a boost. I just never expected an employee who has nothing invested and nothing to gain in this would have a reason to lie. It was an auction so they were good with whatever it would bring. Thy also had a van for sale listed as "needs engine". Well, after buying and on my way up the road a couple hundred miles or so I stopped to check things out. I had checked things before heading out from Marietta. Well, this thing guzzles oil. It was 3 qts down! It was sold "as is" but also as "runs good". I've done a compression check and it all looks good. So, even if I had done the test there, I would have bought it. There is no way they didn't know this. I asked all the questions (wasn't born yesterday) and left feeling good. This is something that should have been disclosed by my questions even if the person wasn't honest enough to tell me on his own. I put a catch can on it and it filled up. My guess is cracked oil ring. So, this engine that runs good needs a tear down, or rather I need to find a good motor, rebuild, or buy new. I hate getting burned!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote