View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 07:58 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: Cobb County, GA Purchasing Dept.

It's a very basic model, which is exactly what I wanted. I bought it to use in my carpentry business as a low cost daily work truck. I could have bought a loaded model for same money, but this had lower miles, was on a maintenance schedule it's whole life, and had absolutely no rust ever thinking about starting. I didn't want power windows or all the doodads to deal with. It's a comfortable heavy duty fuel injected overdrive air conditioned vehicle for getting up and down the road. It has all the skid plates, towing mirrors, hydro-boost brakes, 4L80E, and even some serious mud tires that are like new. No need to buy a work cap or tool boxes. It's a dry secure place for my tools off the shelf that I can park anywhere that doesn't scream "I'm full of tools!". No restrictions on it as a commercial vehicle no matter where I go and when no working it's "C'mon everybody, let's climb in and go". It is essentially a crew cab shortbed all enclosed, so I can pickup 12' material on a rainy day and keep it dry. I found trucks tend to run about $1,500 more than the Suburbans. Anything at what I paid had over 200k on the clock...truck or Suburban. Well now I'm adding that $1,500, and then some. I'm buying a new GM Vortec long block and converting to TBI. If I had more funds I'd consider an LS swap. But, if I had more funds I would have bought a newer truck, hopefully with a utility bed. I've been going through tough economic times and just wanted something that would get me by for 5 years or until things went well enough to sell and get something better. Oh well, it's rust free and now it will have a new motor and I'll be stuck with it or take a hit if I sell. I've been around trucks long enough to know better, yet I still got screwed. My beloved old '92 K3500 blew it's engine at 335k and I decided it was time to move on. This has 200k less on it and I ended up with something that also needs a motor. I guess this is my vent thread more than a review. But, they do sell on Ebay and I want my brothers and sisters to know what they're dealing with if considering a vehicle they list.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote