View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 11:15 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Re: Cobb County, GA Purchasing Dept.

Thanks Brian. Just saw you posted. How much would you use in the 350? I'm still stumped on why there's coolant in the catch can and why I see no smoke. This thing is using oil bad. The exhaust pipes are coated with burnt oil crust. I know it's burning the oil. Is this an example of just how well emissions have been lowered in these vehicles? And maybe I also have a bad intake gasket causing the coolant in oil? I've driven it about 5k and only needed coolant added once...and it wasn't real low. It's time to check again, just to be safe. when I was in my buddy's shop (thank God, it's been cold!) messing with it he ran a whole can of Sea Foam through the throttle body hoping to free the ring. My gut says the ring is cranked, but I'll try anything. I'm trying to get a wrecked '96 off his dad for the Vortec motor (I'll stick the TBI on) but world rather skip that whole ordeal if I can. I'm wanting (needing) to build a motor for my '72. I think the cam chipped when one of the butterfly screws worked it's way loose and took a trip down the intake. Idles lumpy now. She's held together a few years now waiting for me to fix her. She's a good old truck, but I owe her a motor.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote