View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 05:43 PM   #5
68c10airstream

Re: Cobb County, GA Purchasing Dept.

Put one quart into a full crankcase, another words fill the oil to the full mark, now add one quart of naptha. Again hang around town if things go bad. You must change oil soon, say in a day or two. Especially if the crud lets loose it can flood an oil filter and plug it, the first sign would be lifters starting to clatter. Do this test on the coolant in the catch can. A co-worker showed me this trick to decide if the milky stuff inside the engine was coolant or just moisture. Take a dab of it and put it on the tip of your tongue and if its sweet it antifreeze, if not it's just moisture. The fact that you added so little antifreeze prompted me to tell you about the taste test. Obviously don't do this often or you will get sick or die, antifreeze is nothing to mess with. I also must admit that your avatar name of special k made me think of the antifreeze safety issues because if i remember correctly vitamin "K" if given early enough can neutralize the damaging affects of antifreeze. Weird correlations i know. Please consult your physician before proceeding.
68c10airstream is offline   Reply With Quote