View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 09:32 PM   #10
special-K
Special Order

Re: Cobb County, GA Purchasing Dept.

They said they mostly sell the Crown Vics. It's not the end of the world, but you know how it feels when you ask all the right questions and base your decision on the answers, and still make a bad buy. The only thing I assumed is they were unloading it because it was 20 years old. That may be the case, but it's pretty obvious now they decided to unload when it started using oil.

Brian, I got your PM and I'll get in touch. But just to be clear, I'm hoping I can remove the intake and find it's cracked, bad intake gasket, or both and just fix that. If I do end up needing to replace the motor I will first try to get this parts truck with Vortec motor. There were export models that had Vortec motors with TBI. So the intake is made for Vortec heads but is for TBI not CFI. That's the one I would need

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote