View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 04:33 PM   #22
1949gmc

Re: Any Duramax owners out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
I've got an 2WD 07 (Classic) CrewCab 2500 HD with 44K and have loved it since the day I bought it new. Is your's a 2 or 4 wheel drive? Would you happen to have the shock part number as I would like to improve the ride. How did you know it was in LIMP mode? TIA Also, I'm getting ready to put some new tires on it and want to change sizes since the factory ones look way to small. What's everyone upgrading to tire wise?

R/
Hey Rob,

My truck is a 4WD... I know I have pics around here somewhere, but I can't find them now, of course.

I got the shocks from Kennedy Diesel in Loyal, WI. Here is his site: http://www.kennedydiesel.com/ . Click on suspension, then shocks and follow your way to your truck app. He's got a lot of other really cool stuff, too.

When the Duramax goes into limp mode, the computer begins to shut down to keep from hurting anything vital and the most noticeable thing is that you won't be able to go more than 25 mph. Limp mode gets progressively worse the longer you drive it. Mine sounded like it was missing and wanted to die. The injector harness extension does just that: it extends the wiring harness for the 2 & 7 cylinders, because from the factory, they are not long enough and they chafe on the edges of the metal brackets causing a short. From what my mechanic read, there is a lot of wiring on the DMAX's like this, including one of the positive battery cables.

My truck came with Bridgestones on it, but they seemed small for the truck, too. They were like a car tire. When I finally needed new ones, I got Bridgestones again, but I got the Duravis M773II's in an LT245/75/R16. A much beefier tire and they wear like, well, stones.

Ray

haha- northerngmc- great minds think alike!

Last edited by 1949gmc; 01-30-2011 at 04:36 PM.
1949gmc is offline   Reply With Quote