View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 07:35 PM   #5
txagincali

Re: 1969 C50 4x4 Axle Swap?

Thanks for the response Cambel, some good ideas.

Yep RTech is actually the one that has given me inspiration for my original truck build (Drill Sergeant) to something bigger like the Duke until I ultimately landed on the Suburban which he had a rendering made.

I liked the idea of a Chevy 1 ton axle setup but they are a PASSENGER SIDE DROP as opposed to the Ford which are a DRIVERS SIDE DROP. The DMax & Allison are a Drivers Side Drop which was why I was looking hard at Dana 60. Add to that I have the Duramax donor which has the AAM 11.5" rear end in 3.73 but I also have a different 2500 work truck with 4.10s. Both gear ratios Ford F350's have had from the factory (easier to swap, gearwise anyways).

The C50 chassis I have is already setup to fit a DMax and Allison, so I figured it would be easier to figure out the front axle swap issue instead of trying to fit the C50 front end to the half ton 4x4 chassis. I have seen a few threads that start fast but end just as quickly on here when they see the fenders run 6+ inches shorter than C10 fenders and way too much chassis work is involved there after, not to mention the kick up.
1972 GMC K5 Blazer 4x4 (sporadically being worked on, accumulating parts)

Last edited by txagincali; 07-30-2019 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Axle Drop Orientation Fix
txagincali is offline   Reply With Quote