View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 05:17 PM   #7
jocko

Re: 72 K10 to C10 conversion

It sounds like you REALLY don't want a 4x4? Because I'd have to agree with some of the posts above in that a K10 frame is a terrible thing to waste (that sounds harsh, but they're not exactly common). Personally, I'd build the swb K10 out of your set of trucks (but that is me, what matters is what YOU want when you're all done with this).

So, just to confirm, your ultimate goal here seems to be a swb C10, yes?

Personally, since the body swap to a K10 swb frame that is converted to 2WD is a frankentruck and a C10 lwb that is cut down to a swb is also a frankentruck (and I do NOT mean that in a derogatory way, I'm just saying the both are far removed from stock at that point), I'd say go ahead and cut down the C10 frame as has been done a million times by others before trying to convert a swb K10 frame to a swb C10 frame. Both require work, but one of these options leaves you with an intact swb K10 frame when you're done. Very nice to have - or very nice to sell.

Having said all that, if you choose to do what I think you're trying to do, then supercheyenne is probably spot-on with checking out the blazer side of the house, that's about the only place I've seen K to C conversions.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote