Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 11:38 PM   #16
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

Got some fresh stickers from the Georgia chapter of the C10 Club.

Also figured out the radiator situation. Took the radiator that was in the truck to a shop and they wanted 400 bucks to recore it Rather than paying that much, we decided to go for the Champion aluminum radiator that was half the price of the recore after reading up on some opinions here on this site.

After I got the radiator back in, I was driving to church when I started swerving without the rear wheels losing traction. Apparently, the PO had replaced the rear axle with a later model that had the mounting point for the trac bar on the pumpkin instead of farther out on the axle. Instead of using the correct trac bar, it looks like the PO had bent the original one to fit the newer axle. The trac bar snapped right at the most extreme bend while I was turning onto a side street. I ordered a CPP adjustable trac bar from Summit Racing and was able to get the axle back to center. The janky, old trac bar didn't even center the axle right.
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote